- New Caddy vans hit local dealerships in February with prices starting at R404,000.
- Various formats are available to suit a variety of family or business needs.
- The most digitized caddy ever with advanced safety and comfort features.
- For car news go to Räder24
Shortly after starting the Facelifted Polo hatchback This month Volkswagen South Africa just announced that its fifth generation Caddy multi-purpose vehicle will be hitting showrooms in February and there will be many different versions to choose from.
The fifth generation Volkswagen Caddy 2022 comes with a new naming strategy: Caddy, Caddy Maxi, Caddy Kombi, Caddy Maxi Kombi, Caddy Cargo and Caddy Maxi Cargo. We expect a model to suit most South Africans, from small families to mobile entrepreneurs and fleet companies.
2022 Volkswagen Caddy
2022 Volkswagen Caddy Cargo
A long history of success in South Africa
According to VWSA, the VW Caddy nameplate was first introduced to the local market in 1992 and to date more than 35,000 units have been sold here. Over three million units have been built worldwide since 1979.
The exterior of the new Caddy impresses with its sporty, striking design. Features include new LED headlights and taillights, body-colored bumpers and black roof rails.
Optional exterior equipment includes a panoramic sunroof with a large glass area of 1.4 square meters, a detachable tow bar that allows some models to tow a maximum weight of 1,500 kg and 16-inch Vienna alloy wheels.
The new Caddy is also available in 12 exterior paint colors, with five unique colors now available on the fifth generation model.
Interior of the new Volkswagen Caddy
delivered Volkswagen AG
The high-tech Caddy of all time
The interior of the Caddy impresses with a new high-tech feeling. It showcases some of Volkswagen’s most advanced driver assistance systems. With Cruise Control, the new Caddy offers a relaxed drive over longer distances.
Park Assist, paired with the rear view camera, makes parking in tight spaces easier, while trailer maneuvering gives drivers the confidence to easily guide a trailer.
In terms of space, the Caddy Maxi Cargo now offers space for up to two Euro pallets.
2022 Volkswagen Caddy station wagon
Numerous models to choose from
Volkswagen will offer the 2022 Caddy series with two engines: a 1.6-liter four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine with 81 kW or a 2.0-liter TDI four-cylinder with 81 kW.
Sales of the new Caddy range will start in February 2022. Here are the prices you can expect including VAT and emissions tax:
- Caddy 1.6i 81kW Manual – R484 200
- Caddy 2.0 TDI 81kW manual transmission – R573 800
VW Caddy Maxi
- Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDI 81kW manual transmission – R600 400
VW Caddy Estate
- Caddy station wagon 1.6i 81kW manual transmission – R412 100
- Caddy station wagon 2.0 TDI 81kW manual transmission – R476 100
VW Caddy Maxi Kombi
- Caddy Maxi Kombi 2.0 TDI 81kW manual transmission – R502 700
VW Caddy cargo
- Caddy Cargo 1.6i 81kW manual transmission – R404 000
- Caddy Cargo 2.0 TDI 81kW manual transmission – R460 600
- Caddy Maxi Cargo 2.0 TDI 81kW manual transmission – R487 200
The Caddy and Caddy Maxi passenger car derivatives come standard with a three-year or 120,000 km mechanical warranty, while the Caddy Kombi, Caddy Maxi Kombi, Caddy Cargo and Caddy Maxi Cargo come standard with a two-year or unlimited mileage warranty.
The entire Volkswagen Caddy range also comes with a 12-year anti-corrosion guarantee as standard, and the service intervals are 15,000 kilometers, regardless of whether you buy a petrol or diesel model. Service or maintenance plans can be added at dealer level.