Liverpool grapple with ‘problems’ with Luis Diaz despite sending delegation to Argentina for medical treatment – Archyde

Liverpool are struggling with Luis Diaz despite sending a delegation to Argentina for medical treatment

Liverpool could reportedly still face a number of potential stumbling blocks in their efforts to complete the signing of Porto winger Luis Diaz.

The 24-year-old, who is currently on international duty with Colombia in South America, is said to be nearing a permanent move to Anfield ahead of Monday’s crucial date.

Liverpool are said to have agreed a fee of £37.4m plus an additional £12.5m in add-ons to sign Diaz, who has scored 16 goals in all competitions for Porto since the start of the season.

In recent years he has emerged as one of Europe’s hottest talents, winning huge numbers of fans on the international stage with Colombia at last summer’s Copa America.

A number of elite clubs have been linked with Diaz in recent months but it seems the race for his signature is now all but over.

A deal between Porto and Liverpool is said to be nearing completion, with the Reds sending a delegation to Argentina this weekend to oversee Diaz’s medical care.

However, it seems that there is a lot of room for the situation to deteriorate in the coming days.

According to the Liverpool-Echo, Liverpool still believe the move is ‘flawed’, which could dashed their hopes of getting the proposed move approved at the last minute.

Reportedly, Diaz’s rushed approach, as well as the logistical reality of sending employees around the world at short notice, could cause a number of problems before the deal is finalized.

Diaz is set to join Liverpool after his representatives were informed of the club’s desire to sign him just days ago.

However, it is understood that the transfer is still up in the air and a number of formalities still need to be completed before Diaz can be officially unveiled as a Liverpool player.

The Reds decided to step up their pursuit of the Porto midfielder earlier this week after it became clear Tottenham and Manchester United were plotting their own approaches.

Liverpool are said to have identified Diaz as a target and have been prepared to wait until the summer before making any formal inquiries.

His expected arrival on Merseyside will make him the club’s ninth January contract in Jurgen Klopp’s six and a half year tenure.

Liverpool had to make late moves for Ben Davies and Ozan Kabak at the end of last year’s transfer window due to injuries to Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip.

They weren’t initially expecting to finalize any mid-season deals this month as they continue to scramble to secure a long-term deal on a new deal for Mohamed Salah.

The 29-year-old is only tied until the summer of 2023 and is said to have been locked in fruitless talks with club management for a few months.

It remains to be seen whether Diaz will ultimately emerge as the Egyptian maestro’s long-term successor at Liverpool if a deal to extend the latter’s stay is not agreed before the end of next season.

Diaz is hoping to make his debut for the Reds in the fourth round of the FA Cup against Cardiff City at Anfield after the winter break is over.


ALSO READ:

Liverpool are struggling with Luis Diaz despite sending a delegation to Argentina for medical treatment

Reference-www.nach-welt.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.