Prince Andrew seeks jury trial as he officially denies Virginia Giuffre’s sexual assault claims UK news – Archyworldys

Prince Andrew has requested a jury trial and denied the allegations against him in his official response to Virginia Giuffre’s sexual assault lawsuit.

Court documents filed in New York show that he is “requesting a jury trial on all of the causes of action alleged in the complaint.”

Ms Giuffre accuses the Duke of York of forcing her to have sex at the London home more than two decades ago Gislaine Maxwell.

Image:
Maxwell was convicted of sex trafficking but wants a retrial. Image: US Department of Justice

The Duke, 61, is being sued by Ms. Giuffre, 38, formerly known as Virginia Roberts, in a US civil case.

He has always firmly denied the allegations against him.

Ms Giuffre claims to have been “sexual assault and assault” by the Duke and human trafficking Jeffrey Epstein Having sex with Andrew when she was 17.

The alleged crimes are said to have occurred between 2000 and 2002 at Maxwell’s home, Epstein’s New York mansion and his private island.

In Wednesday’s document, Andrew’s lawyers formally set out his response to various allegations, saying he had denied Ms Giuffre’s sexual assault allegations.

The document also specifies 12 defenses.

These include that the case should be dismissed because Ms Giuffre is a resident of Australia; because too much time has passed; because of “their own misconduct”; and because she relinquished her rights after signing an agreement with Epstein.

The document also seeks to undermine clause 38 of Ms Giuffre’s lawsuit, in which she refers to a photograph of Prince Andrew and Ms Giuffre as teenagers together with Ghislaine Maxwell as proof he knew them.

Clause 38 says: “The photograph below shows Prince Andrew, the Complainant and Maxwell at Maxwell’s home before Prince Andrew sexually abused the Complainant.”

In response, Andrew’s lawyers said: “Prince Andrew lacks sufficient information to admit or deny the allegations contained in paragraph 38 of the Complaint.”

A trial date is scheduled between September and December of this year.

To analyse

It is the most thorough and detailed rejection yet from Prince Andrew and his legal team, showing their determination to take this case as far as it takes to clear his name.

This is the first time they have responded in detail to Virginia Giuffre’s civil lawsuit.

They respond to her allegations sentence by sentence and vigorously deny the allegations that he sexually abused her three times when she was 17.

He denies being close friends with Ghislaine Maxwell, he denies being a co-conspirator of Jeffrey Epstein or that Epstein trafficked girls for him, and again questions seem to arise as to whether this infamous photo of him and Virginia is fake.

But the line that stands out the most is “Prince Andrew hereby requests a jury trial.”

The word “claims” could not seem more optimistic, but as a source close to the Duke explained to me, this is the expression and legal terminology that his attorneys should have used, the exact same expression is contained in the case filed by attorneys, representing Virginia Giuffre, and she has already requested a jury trial.

So does that mean we’re going to see this game 100% in court? I’m not necessarily led to believe.

Settlement is always a possibility, nothing is ever completely off the table for the Duke’s team, and there’s the fact that over 90% of civil cases in America are settled before they go to court.

But what this latest document illustrates is the ongoing brinksmanship between the two sides without backing down and no end to this constant distraction for the royal family.

Earlier this month, Prince Andrew failed to use that 2009 deal to drop the case.

His lawyers had argued Ms Giuffre waived her right to sue when she signed a $500,000 settlement.

It contained an agreement to release, acquit, satisfy and permanently dismiss Epstein and “any other person or entity that might have been implicated as a potential defendant.”

However, the judge rejected the Duke’s offer and ruled that the case could go ahead.

Image:
Financier Jeffrey Epstein was found dead in his prison cell in August 2019

“Demands a jury trial”

Buckingham Palace responded with Removing the Duke military titles and patronage and said he will fight the case as a private individual.

The new court document concludes, “Prince Andrew hereby requests a jury trial on all of the causes of action alleged in the lawsuit.”

The Duke’s file was a “response,” a document common in US cases where defendants dispute an allegation or say they lack enough information to comment.

“Keep blaming the victim”

Ms Giuffre’s lawyer said they were looking forward to “confronting” the prince over his “denials”.

David Boies said: “Prince Andrew’s Answer continues his approach of denying any knowledge or information about the allegations against him and pretending to blame the abuse victim for somehow causing it themselves.

“We look forward to confronting Prince Andrew about his denials and attempts to blame Ms Giuffre for her own abuse in his testimony and in court.”

Jeffrey Epstein was found dead in his cell in 2019 Ghislaine Maxwell was sentenced in December the recruitment of underage girls to be abused by the financier.

she is seek a retrial after a jury member revealed they had been sexually abused.

Reference-www.nach-welt.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.