Anders Aukland represented Norway at the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics. He sympathizes with the Norwegian duo.
– It’s very sad. Everyone has known in the past few weeks that they were very nervous about going to China. There is disease everywhere. When it comes to the Olympics, there is a lot of uncertainty, Aukland tells Dagbladet.
– It goes without saying that it is terribly boring. Olympics is something you rarely experience and can train for years. It’s tragic for her. That’s been in the air for a long time. When it comes to the Olympics, it’s tragic for those affected, says the skier, who is currently in Italy training for Marcialonga.
Former national coach Vidar Løfshus says it is the worst possible scenario.
– It’s really bad luck, he says to Dagbladet.
He still believes that Weng and Kalvå are coming to Beijing and believes that the girls will be cared for at Alpe di Siusi.
– I don’t think the management of the national team will send anyone to the Olympics anymore. Ragnhild Haga is probably the only one who can join the squad now.
Løfshus confirms that he himself has the omicron variant and says that his wife has been with him and has not contracted it. The children previously had the Delta variant, then neither he nor his wife got infected.
– It is impossible to be wise about the behavior of the virus, he says.
The case is updated!