A telephone conversation took place today between Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Swedish Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson. The latter called on the Russian Federation to de-escalate at the borders of our country.
Magdalena Andersson positively assessed the talks with Zelenskyy and reiterated Sweden’s support for Ukraine’s sovereignty, territorial integrity and reform program and also called on Russia to ease tensions on our country’s borders.
What Zelensky and Andersson talked about:
- Zelensky updated Andersson on the steps Ukraine has taken to achieve peace and also noted the importance of uniting and coordinating political and diplomatic efforts to unblock the peace process;
- the President recognized Sweden’s support for Ukraine’s European integration course and help in the implementation of internal transformations;
- discussed the deepening of cooperation on reform issues with the countries of Eastern Europe;
- raised the issue of further bilateral cooperation in areas in which both countries are interested;
“Particular attention was paid to the development of cooperation in the areas of trade, investment, energy and the environment. Volodymyr Zelenskyy also emphasized that the Ukrainian side is interested in creating a network of modern waste processing plants with the participation of Swedish companies,” the press service writes.
- agreed to intensify the dialogue at the highest level in the future.