Lizelle Lee is up for the highest ICC award, Janneman Malan is also nominated – Nach Welt

  • Proteas batter Lizelle Lee was nominated for the ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year and the ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year Award.
  • Opener Janneman Malan was nominated for the ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year Award.
  • From January 5th, fans can vote on the nominated players in the seven categories, and the winners are expected to be announced on January 23rd.

Star Proteas Women Batter Lizelle Lee and Proteas Opener Janneman Malan were the only South Africans nominated for the 2021 ICC Awards.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) recognizes and celebrates the achievements of players and teams in the past year with the Nominees for each category The jury, made up of prominent journalists and broadcasters from all over the world, decides.

Lee had a phenomenal season for the Proteas women as she ended up as this year’s top run scorer in women’s ODI cricket, scoring 632 runs in 12 games.

This year, the 29-year-old was instrumental in the successful series victories of the Proteas women against Pakistan, India and the West Indies.

Lee, the top women’s ODI batter in the ICC rankings, has been nominated for ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year and ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year Awards.

REVIEW 2021 | Proteas women conquer ODIs in flawless season

Meanwhile, Malan was nominated for the ODI Cricketer of the Year Award after a stellar year with the bat for the Proteas when he finished as the second highest ODI run scorer of the year, scoring 509 runs in eight ODIs.

Malan, who failed to make the T20 World Cup squad, scored two centuries and two half centuries with an average of 84.83 points.

From January 5, 2022, fans can vote for the nominees in the seven categories ICC-Website.

ICC wählt auch den Gewinner des ICC Emerging Men’s Cricketer of the Year, ICC Emerging Women’s Cricketer of the Year, ICC Men’s Associate Cricketer of the Year, ICC Women’s Associate Cricketer of the Year, ICC Spirit of Cricket Award und ICC Umpire of the Year .

The fan vote makes up 10% of the votes, that of the Voting Academy the remaining 90%.

The winners of the Women’s Awards will be announced on January 23rd, while the Men’s Awards, Spirit of Cricket and Umpire Awards will be announced on January 24th.

ICC 2021 honors nominees:

Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for Men’s Cricketer of the Year – for the best overall performance in men’s international cricket (Tests, ODIs and T20Is) in 2021

Shaheen Afridi, Joe Root, Mohammad Rizwan, Kane Williamson

Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy for Cricketer of the Year – for the best overall performance in international women’s cricket (Tests, ODIs and T20Is) in 2021

Tammy Beaumont, Lizelle Lee, Smriti Mandhana, Gaby Lewis

Test Cricketer of the Year – for the best overall performance in men’s test cricket in 2021

Joe Root, Kyle Jamieson, Dimuth Karunaratne, Ravichandran Ashwin

Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year – for the best overall performance in men’s ODI cricket in 2021

Shakib Al Hasan, Babar Azam, Janneman Malan, Paul Stirling

ODI Women’s Cricketer of the Year – for the best overall performance in women’s ODI cricket in 2021

Tammy Beaumont, Lizelle Lee, Hayley Matthews, Fatima Sana

Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Year – for the best overall performance in men’s T20I cricket in 2021

Jos Buttler, Wanindu Hasaranga, Mitchell Marsh, Mohammad Rizwan

Women’s T20I Cricket Player of the Year – for the best overall performance in women’s T20I cricket in 2021

Tammy Beaumont, Gaby Lewis, Smriti Mandhana, Nat Sciver

Reference-www.nach-welt.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *