The kick takes effect immediately.
– We hired a reputable law firm to conduct a review and we fired him with immediate effect. During the review, new information about the case emerged. Despite the release, we will continue the investigation, it says in one opinion from CNN.
Chris Cuomo wrote on Twitter on Saturday evening, Norwegian time, that the decision was disappointing.
– I didn’t want my time at CNN to end like this, but I already told you why and how I helped my brother. While that’s disappointing, I couldn’t have been more proud of the team at Cuomo Prime Time and the work we have done as CNN’s number one program in the most competitive airtime, he continues.
Earlier this week it became known that the TV presenter suspended from the canalafter new information emerged from the investigation into Chris Cuomo’s brother, former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo.
Played main role
Documents released Monday by the New York prosecutor said the brother played a bigger role than previously thought in defending the brother against allegations of sexual harassment.
– The documents, which were not known to us before their publication on Monday, raise serious questions, the broadcaster wrote in a statement on Wednesday evening Norwegian time.
CNN went on to say that Cuomo had told them that he had given advice to his brother, but that the new documents showed greater involvement than they were previously aware of.
– We understand that he is in a very special situation and that he has to put family before work. But the documents suggest that he was involved more than we realized. As a result, we have indefinitely suspended Chris while we await another review, the statement said.
Monday wrote New York Times that thousands of pages of new evidence and testimony reveal how Andrew Cuomo has relied on a group of allies, including his younger brother, to strategize how to divert and survive the many allegations of sexual harassment.
Chris Cuomo reportedly offered to reach out to sources, including other journalists, to see if more women were appearing in public.
The CNN journalist is also said to have told investigators that he regularly spoke to his brother about how to appear and reprimanded him for “poor judgment”.
– When the situation began to accelerate, my brother asked me to contribute, he said in an interview.
In August, Cuomo, who served as governor for ten years, resigned on a series of sexual harassment charges. Both Republicans and his own Democratic party colleagues wanted to bring him to justice in the state parliament.
In late October, he was charged with a less serious sex offense.