HOUSTON, Texas – The Bryant University men’s basketball team fell at number 15 Houston, 111-44 at the Fertitta Center Friday night.
Chris Childs led the Black and Gold with 13 points, while Hall chipped Elisias with nine points and six Rebunds. Peter Kiss also finished with nine points and added three assists. Greg Calixte chips in six points and three boards.
Nr. 15 Houston 111, Bryant 44
Records: Bryant 3-5 | Nr. 15 Houston 7-1
Location: Fertitta-Zentrum (Houston, Texas)
- Bryant made it a six-point game with a 9-0 run, but the Cougars beat Bryant 32-7 for the remainder of the first half.
How it happened
- Houston showed up strong Friday night, dominating the color to build a 20-5 lead at 1:33 pm in the first half.
- A two-handed slam from Elisias helped turn the tide and spark a 9-0 run to get the Bulldogs within six, 20:14. Childs converted a four-point game and Kiss followed with a transition three to top the run.
- Houston responded with a 17-2 run to make the 37-16 with 5:34 in the half.
- Childs stunted the barrel with a three from the right wing.
- However, the Cougars ended half-time with another 15-2 run and went into the break with 52-21.
- Bryant took six points each from Childs and Calixte in the second half.
- Bryant finished 17 of 62 (27.4 percent) off the field, 6 of 33 (18.2 percent) of three and 4 of 9 (44.4 percent) off the line.
- The Bulldogs were outrebounded 47-28.
- Houston scored 64 points in the paint.
- Children scored 13 points on a 4-out-of-10 score out of three.
- Elisias scored nine points and six rebounds.
- Kiss scored nine points, got two rebounds and had three assists.
- Calixte scored six points and grabbed three boards.
- Erickson Bans recorded three points, two boards and two assists.
- Bryant and Houston met for the first time in program history.
- The Bulldogs are now 0-10 all-time against ranked opponents.
- Childs finished in double digits for the fifth time and 22nd time in his career this year.
Bryant ends his weekend in Cincinnati on Sunday evening. Tipping is set at 7:00 p.m. EST.