Chinese tennis star Peng says she was safe on a video call with the IOC president – archyde

The event’s official WeChat page featured photos of her at the tournament. Peng, 35, was number 1 in the world doubles in 2014, becoming the first Chinese player to achieve a top finish after winning doubles at Wimbledon in 2013 and the French Open in 2014.

On Saturday night, Peng visited a popular restaurant in downtown Beijing, according to a video released by Hu that a restaurant manager confirmed to Reuters on Sunday.

Seven people, including Peng, were at the Sichuanese restaurant, manager Zhou Hongmei said, adding that they ate in a private room and were accompanied by the restaurant owner.

“The restaurant was full as always,” said Zhou, showing a bill of noodles and bamboo shoots. “They didn’t have much. I think they mostly talked. “

A spokeswoman for the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA), which has threatened to withdraw tournaments from China, previously said the photos and videos were “inadequate” and did not address the WTA’s concerns.

The International Tennis Federation (ITF) said she would continue to seek confirmation from Peng that she was safe.

Chinese state media agency CGTN published an email Peng sent to the WTA chairwoman denying that she had been sexually assaulted on Wednesday.

WTA chairman Steve Simon said he found it hard to believe that Peng himself wrote the email.

.

Reference-www.nach-welt.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *