Sunday, November 28

When the US requests Quiboloy’s extradition, PH will check whether the fees are covered by the contract – Sec. Guevarra – Manila Bulletin – World

Justice Menardo I. Guevarra

When the US government requests the extradition of President Duterte’s spiritual advisor Apollo Carreon Quiboloy, founder of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ (KOJC), the Philippine government will first determine whether the charges are covered by the RP-US extradition treaty.

The study is being carried out jointly by the Ministry of Justice (DOJ) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Guevarra said on Sunday, November 21.

If the charges against Quiboloy are covered by the contract, “the DOJ will file an extradition request with a Philippine court”.

“If it is granted and the judgment (of the Philippine court) becomes final, the defendant (Quiboloy) can then be physically turned over to the requesting state for further legal proceedings,” he said.

Guevarra’s comment was requested after the US Department of Justice announced on its official website on November 18 that Quiboloy had been charged with sex trafficking by a state grand jury along with other members of the KOJC.

Aside from Quiboloy’s indictment in the United States, a complaint was filed against him with the Davao City Prosecutor’s Office last year for rape, child abuse, mistreatment under the Revised Criminal Code (RPC), trafficking in human beings through forced labor, and people through sexual abuse.

The prosecution dismissed the charges, but the applicant appealed to the Office of the Secretary of Justice (OSEC).

Guevarra said, “The pending appeal to the OSEC is not a barrier to extradition as it has not yet been indicted in a Philippine court.”

The Justice Department said Quiboloy and two co-defendants – Teresita Tolibas Dandan and Felina Salinas – were “charged on count one of the substitute indictments alleging the sex trafficking conspiracy” and each “charged on at least three of five major counts” with sex trafficking Violence, fraud and coercion. “

Among other things, the US Department of Justice said: “These three defendants allegedly recruited women between the ages of around 12 and 25 to work as personal assistants or ‘pastorals’ for Quiboloy. The indictment states that the victims were prepared for Quiboloy’s meals, his apartments cleaned, given massages, and told to have sex with Quiboloy, what the shepherds called “night duty”. The indictment specifically mentions five female victims, three of whom were minors when the alleged sex trafficking began. “

SIGN UP FOR THE DAILY NEWSLETTER

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Reference-www.nach-welt.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *