Did you know that WhatsApp allows you to make free voice and video calls to your friends in every corner of the world from your desktop? This is possible due to a recently introduced feature of the popular instant messaging app that allows users to make or receive voice and video calls through their desktop app for Windows and Mac.
Previously, the said feature was only introduced to select users, but now it is available to everyone in India. Using the desktop or laptop every day for work or personal use will help you.
Note, however, that you still cannot make group voice or video calls from the WhatsApp desktop app.
How to download WhatsApp desktop apps
You can download the WhatsApp app for your laptop or desktop or Mac from the company’s official website. You can download the app for Windows 32-bit, Windows 64-bit according to your requirements and also for Mac.
WhatsApp desktop apps Supported versions
According to WhatsApp, the new calling function is supported on Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 or newer and macOS 10.13 or newer. But this feature only supports WhatsApp one-to-one calling at the moment. You cannot yet make group calls on the WhatsApp desktop app.
Necessary Things to Make WhatsApp Video Call on PC
If you want to make WhatsApp voice and video calls on desktop, you will need these three things:
- If you want to make an audio call, you need an audio output device and a microphone.
- However, if you need to make WhatsApp video calls, you will need a webcam along with the audio output device and microphone.
- Your computer and phone must have an active internet connection.
- Grant WhatsApp permission to access your computer’s microphone and camera to make calls.
How to make WhatsApp calls on a desktop
Here’s how to make WhatsApp calls on the desktop.
- Install the WhatsApp desktop app for Windows or Mac from the official website.
- Scan the QR code on your computer with your phone to sign in.
- Open the WhatsApp account on the desktop.
- Go to the chat window and open a chat.
- Click the voice call icon or the video call icon in the top right corner.
- When the contact is online, your phone will be connected and you can talk to them right from the desktop.
Also Read: How To Retrieve WhatsApp Messages If You Accidentally Delete Them